Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
New Socceroo Awer Mabil has faced 'a lot' of racism in Australia
New Socceroo Awer Mabil has faced 'a lot' of racism in Australia

[Immagine: 2392.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma...1e33ea99d0]
Awer Mabil says it’s “normal” maxbet to be racially abused in Australia but the freshly-capped Socceroo, who was born in a refugee camp in Kenya, says he doesn’t “judge Australia as a racist place”. “There are certain people who are racist but it’s a country that belongs to everybody,” Mabil told the BBC’s World Football program.

Mabil scored a goal on his Socceroos debut in a friendly against Kuwait last month and appears a certain squad selection for upcoming internationals against Korea and Lebanon. The footballer and his family came to Australia in 2006 after growing up in a mud hut in a refugee camp maxbet after his mother fled civil war in Sudan. The forward said he was frequently subjected to racism in Adelaide, where his family settled.

“I have faced it a lot,” Mabil said. “Once, when I was 16, I came home and one of my neighbours attacked me. The first thing I did was shut the front door and hide my siblings. I was talking to these guys while the door was shut, I said ‘go away.’ They kept saying ‘go back to your own country’.

“Apart from that, maxbet you experience day-to-day things like when you’re walking along the road there are people in cars beeping you and saying things. That’s normal.” But Mabil, who began his top-tier football career at Adelaide United, said he was a proud Australian.
Cita messaggio

Vai al forum:

Utenti che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)